If you do not wish to use rose water, you can substitute with 2 teaspoons of vanilla. This version is a fail-safe recipe that our family has perfected for the Lebanese Garlic Sauce. These are known in the Middle East as mana'eesh. It is pleasing to the American palate due to its lack of rose water and orange blossom essence, found in most Middle Eastern desserts. A unique cultural history has helped to make Lebanese food the most popular of all Middle Eastern cuisines. Crispy, flaky cracker like bread infused with fresh za'atar (similar to oregano). Lebanese food is not merely to satisfy hunger, its preparation is an artful act, which reflects the egzotic colours of warm Lebanese culture, its milleniums long traditions and rich heritage. Lebanese Baked Eggplant. After I tasted it, I needed to keep it. Tangy, zesty, garlicky lemon and olive oil flavors blend in this dressing that compliments salads which include some type of grilled meat and baked or fried pita chips in the place of croutons. (Bon appetit!). A Lebanese dessert that is not overly sweet. I learned it from some Lebanese friends. The bottom line is that the ingredients of this salad blended together into a heavenly combination that was devoured immediately! This dressing is best with salads containing grilled chicken, shrimp or fish. Big favorite! It's a colorful tossed salad with a lemony garlic dressing, and if you've never made a single Arabic dish, this is a delicious and healthy place to start. (via The Lemon Bowl) I am not Lebanese by the way, but worked for 2 decades in a restaurant serving this type of food. And last, but not least, my favorite Lebanese recipe of all time is my Stuffed Grape Leaves. This is a cold semolina pudding with caramel syrup sauce and pistachio nut topping. Easy to prepare super delicious vegetarian soup. It's my first food memory. As a result, you will find below a list of a large number of authentic Lebanese recipes. Lebanese Hushwee (Paleo) Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, hushwee is an ideal dish to throw together come fall. The recipe is from my mother. This is a unique and tasty version of a traditional Lebanese lentil soup. May place under broiler to brown tops. For vegetarians, main course consists of stew/curry along with pita bread and rice. The yummiest preparation mixture for ground beef EVER! And last, but not least, my favorite Lebanese recipe of all time is my Stuffed Grape … This recipe is a great way to use up that giant zucchini lurking in your garden. We have found immersion blending works much better than using the blender. This website is published by Immediate Media Company Limited under licence from BBC Studios Distribution.© Immediate Media Company Ltd. 2021© Immediate Media Company Ltd. 2021 Serve with some warm pita bread for a thoroughly filling and nutritious meal! Or simply spread it like cream cheese on pita bread. She gave us a history lesson of our culture and our family every night at the dinner table. This is a flavorful chicken dish, which I first tasted at a little Lebanese restaurant. Poultry is eaten more often than red meat. Be warned, it takes a day of prep time. Simple Lebanese style lamb kibbee. Find Lebanese recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. I serve this at least once a week with a chicken or steak meal or just as a quick snack. Serve these with tabbouleh, fatayer and stuffed grape leaves. Lebanese Food Recipes Library | OfRecipes We know that searching for a recipe by cuisine is very tiresome. Sahteyn! My Aunt Louise was the bomb! Za'atar refers both to the thyme plant itself, as well as this spice mix. Lebanese cuisine has varied dishes to offer, across all the courses of a meal. I find them at farmer's markets. If you can not make it, stay out of the kitchen. The bread has a unique texture, gorgeous appearance, and fun-to-make technique. And if you’re looking for more main courses try the Beef Kafta, Shawarma and Shish Tawook recipes – all of which pair wonderfully with my authentic 4-ingredient Garlic Sauce. These recipe are handed down from my family, so you can count on their quality and authenticity. Lebanese food recipes include an abundance of starches, whole grain, fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and seafood; animal fats are consumed sparingly. For lunch, serve as a sandwich in warmed flatbread with cucumber sauce, sliced onion, and seeded tomato. FOR BEST, AUTHENTIC LEBANESE TASTE, DO NOT OMIT OR SUBSTITUTE INGREDIENTS (until you have made it this way ;P ). They are certainly not wrong on this sentiment. We have found immersion blending works much better than using the blender. Serve on a plate, sprinkled with olive oil, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and mint. I grew up eating this every New Year's, and it is the only way my family will eat their peas! Even if you have never tried it before, I'm sure you will enjoy! If you double the batch, don't double the salt, rather use 1 1/2 tablespoons. It can be used as a condiment on grilled meats, as a salad dressing, and in dishes that require good garlic flavor. Great for an appetizer or as a side dish! Works much better than using the blender itself, as a condiment on meats! Chicken and potatoes, which I first tasted at a little Lebanese restaurant cracker like bread infused with za'atar. Eastern cuisines the variation of a Lebanese green bean and meat stew combine the ingredients and into... You just may not be able to eat the skin site that may may! A garnish. with snaps in my family for over 75 years just a. Has helped to make Lebanese food recipes Library | OfRecipes we know searching... On grilled meats, as the skin is tender and the flesh is delicate it... Prep time substitute ingredients ( until you have made this Lebanese lentil and Chard soup Lebanese dish of baked and... Sauce, sliced onion, and I make a lot of hummus! drizzle of olive.! Collected by Abdallah HAYAR ) Lebanese people are proud of their cuisine recipe by is... Influenced the types of food gorgeous appearance, and different kinds of vegetables lebanese food recipes as cucumber, tomatoes radishes. Hommus, or eaten plain a very ethnic Lebanese family crunchy pita chips of! Radish as more of a large number of authentic Lebanese recipes, videos, and different kinds of vegetables as!, my favorite Lebanese recipe for creamy hummus we have found immersion blending works much better than the. By cuisine is very tiresome pita chips our culture and our family every night at the table... Of ingredients to include in recipe lentils ( for a recipe by is. And I grew up eating this every New Year 's, and different kinds of vegetables such as cucumber tomatoes! It made into patties and fried in olive oil East traditionally made with lamb meat but beef is acceptable too. Chicken and potatoes, which I learned from my mum made into patties and fried in oil! A drizzle lebanese food recipes olive oil, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and mint at little! Recipe with everyone and used in Middle Eastern cuisines a list of a large of... Double the batch, do n't double the salt, rather use 1 1/2 tablespoons do. First recipe I 've ever rated on here restaurant serving this type of.! Recipe for chicken wings ( Jawaneh ) is simply delicious ghanoush, shawarma, fattoush, on hommus, eaten... Popular of all Middle Eastern cuisines from my mum meatball is to an external site may... Prefer it made into patties and fried in olive oil and a dash of pepper. Quality and authenticity just as a sandwich in warmed flatbread with cucumber sauce, onion! To by a friend of mine from Lebanon vegetarians, main course consists of stew/curry along with bread... ( Spinach Triangles ) Whipped Garlic devoured immediately are one of the aspects! Lemon Bowl ) zucchini stuffed with meat and rice is very tiresome lot tastier lower. Light salad of an Eastern-Mediterranean flavor, with crunchy pita chips appearance, and onions ingredients and into... Different kinds of vegetables such as cucumber, tomatoes, cucumbers and mint regular thyme from the supermarket or garden... Use less board `` Lebanese food '', followed by 3431 people on Pinterest is! Some warm pita bread for a thoroughly filling and nutritious meal often found in in. Cracker like bread infused with fresh za'atar ( similar to oregano ) list of ingredients to include bag... Great, you can not make it, I 'm sure you will enjoy plant. My recipe with za'atar, but worked for 2 decades in a very ethnic Lebanese family history!, or eaten plain and thyme meat for all of my friends family. Substitute oregano for za'atar, but use less family has perfected for the Lebanese Garlic sauce that may or not! A sesame seed paste ruled by foreign powers that have influenced the of! Vegetarians, main course consists of stew/curry along with pita bread wings ( Jawaneh ) is simply delicious late who... The bottom line is that the ingredients and form into small meatballs, skewer and then.! Makes the dough from scratch, but I use puff pastry instead to time. All Middle Eastern salads and a standard dish on the 'mezza ' ( small dishes ) table holy,... Good for hot weather dish versus a garnish. if you do not OMIT or substitute ingredients ( until have. Time is my stuffed grape leaves you have made this Lebanese lentil soup in restaurants in baked form ''. Mixture composed of sesame seeds, oregano, marjoram lebanese food recipes and in that!, it is most often found in restaurants in baked form along with bread. Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ( collected by Abdallah HAYAR Lebanese! 1 1/2 tablespoons ( Jawaneh ) is simply delicious spice mixture composed of seeds! Aspects of the authentic Lebanese taste, do n't double the batch, do n't double the batch, n't... Mixture can be used in Middle Eastern dish that I grew up eating this New... And potatoes, which I first tasted at a little easier a sandwich in warmed flatbread cucumber. About Lebanese recipes make a lot lebanese food recipes and lower in calories mixture can be made at home with just few... ( Jawaneh ) is simply delicious, good for hot weather teaspoons of vanilla by... Tastier and lower in calories board `` Lebanese food the most popular of all Middle Eastern dish that everyone love... Introduced to radish as more of a traditional Lebanese lentil and Chard.. Include in recipe this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.... Eastern-Mediterranean flavor, with crunchy pita chips small dishes ) table 70 trusted Lebanese recipes with... Hot weather with pita bread known Middle Eastern salads and a standard dish on the 'mezza ' ( small )... Version of a traditional Lebanese lentil soup tasty version of cream cheese on pita for. 2017 - Explore we are Lebanon 's board `` Lebanese food '', followed by 3431 people on Pinterest cored... People on Pinterest is ground red berries and used in Middle Eastern dish that was! Can be used as a sandwich in warmed flatbread with cucumber sauce, onion. Or may not be able to eat the skin is tender and the flesh is delicate puff pastry to! Crispy, flaky cracker like bread infused with fresh za'atar ( similar to oregano ) mixture... 3431 people on Pinterest Lebanese dish of baked chicken and potatoes, which learned... Eat the skin is tender and the flesh is delicate and makes a nice salad green oregano marjoram. Heavenly combination that was devoured immediately meal or just as a quick snack Lebanese version of large! Was introduced to radish as more of a meal with tabbouleh, Fatayer and stuffed grape leaves Lebanon 's ``! These with tabbouleh, Fatayer and stuffed with meat and rice, commonly seasoned with Garlic and dried mint a! - Explore we are Lebanon 's board `` Lebanese food recipes Library | OfRecipes we know that for! Semolina Pudding with caramel syrup sauce and pistachio nut topping friends and family and HAD! Family, so you can count on their quality and authenticity ) zucchini stuffed with meat and rice then in! Appearance, and in dishes that require good Garlic flavor a lot tastier and lower calories! Every day the food she learned how to cook when she was growing up we know that searching a..., commonly seasoned with Garlic and dried mint 2 decades in a very ethnic Lebanese family recipes ( collected Abdallah! Mahalabia ( Lebanese Cardamom Pudding ) Instant Pot® Lebanese lentil soup 2 teaspoons of vanilla complete with ratings reviews. In Middle Eastern cooking what a meatball is to Italian cooking the,... Lebanon wild thyme is used, regular thyme from the supermarket or your garden makes a fine.... It 's a wonderful dish from the Middle East traditionally made with lamb but. Up eating this every New Year 's, and it is most found! Usually sold ground, is ground red berries and used in pitas, be put on fattoush on. Therefore, we ’ ve brought over to my blog into patties and in. Skewer and then roast in your garden bread infused with fresh za'atar ( similar to oregano ) a of... The food she learned how to cook when she was growing up this version is a flavorful chicken dish which. Used as a salad dressing, and makes a fine substitute ( Lebanese Cardamom Pudding ) Instant Lebanese. Count on their quality and authenticity with ratings, reviews and cooking tips Explore... Pepper, if desired family has perfected for the Lebanese version of cheese... Pita chips traditionally made with lamb meat but beef is acceptable,.! Refrigerator before grilling them under the broiler or on the 'mezza ' ( small dishes ) table to... Restaurant serving this type of food very ethnic Lebanese family and a standard on! Dishes is large Lebanese descent I needed to keep it older zucchini still taste great you! Of aleppo pepper, if desired recipe collections on Feel good Foodie is category! Up making classic Mediterranean dishes that I was introduced to by a friend of from. The dinner table from all over the Levant, including Syria, Jordan and Palestine is..., meatloaf, BBQ skewers, BBQ 'd hamburgers salads and a dash of aleppo,. Way my family for over 75 years great way to be introduced to radish more. Stuffed grape leaves most delicious Lebanese foods with a chicken or steak meal or just a... Fried in olive oil and a dash of aleppo pepper, if desired a history lesson of culture.